ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN I
Company: city of turlock
Posted on: February 14, 2021
ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN I
$4,885.00 – $5,937.00/MoThe City of Turlock is currently accepting
applications for the position of Electrican Mechanical Technician
I. This individual will perform skilled electrical and mechanical
work in the installation, alterations maintenance and repair of
electrical systems, equipment and fixtures in a Wastewater
Treatment Plant, Water Well pumping stations, Traffic Signals and
Street Light systems and related facilities. To review the job
announcement and apply online, please visit www.cityofturlock.org.
You may also obtain a city application at Human Resources, 156 S.
Broadway Suite 235, Turlock. For questions contact Human Resources
at (209) 668-5540. Postmarks are not accepted. EOE/AA Final Filing
Date 2/15/2021 5 PM.
The City of Turlock is accepting applications for the position of
Electrical Mechanical Technician I. This individual will perform
skilled electrical and mechanical work in the installation,
alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment
and fixtures in a Wastewater Treatment Plant, Water Well pumping
stations, Traffic Signals and Street Light systems, and related
facilities. This classification is assigned to the Miscellaneous
bargaining unit for labor relations purposes and is subject to
overtime, call-back and standby assignments.An eligibility list
will be established from this recruitment that will be valid for
six (6) months. All employees serve a twelve (12) month
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install plant-related conduits, wires, relays, pull boxes,
switch boards and switches required in making additions, extensions
or alterations in electrical systems. Perform maintenance on
traffic signal light heads and street lights.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Wastewater Treatment
Facilities, Water Wells, Sewer and Storm pumping systems, Traffic
Signal and Street lighting systems.
- Repair and replace defective parts in motors, generators,
pumps, relays, switches and other systems pertaining to Wastewater
Treatment Facility plant fixtures, Water Wells, Sewer and Storm
pumping systems and appliances.
- Inspect, diagnose and perform major and minor repair work on
motors, pumps, boilers, hydraulic equipment, generators, filters,
automatic sprinkler systems, and other plant equipment.
- Fabricate, weld and modify parts and equipment as
- Maintain records and logs of work performed.
- Use of Computers for logging work completed, record keeping,
equipment data retrieval using Computerized Maintenance Management
- Assist in all general maintenance activities at the plant as
- Respond to emergency work requirements twenty-fou (24) hours
per day seven (7) days a week.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Standard practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the
mechanical, plumbing and electrical repair of major and minor
mechanical equipment systems.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems in all
- Metal fabrication and welding.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety rules and precautions
of the trade.
- Operation of internal combustion engines and electrical pump
motors and water pumps.
- Understand and carry out oral and written
- Use electrical test equipment.
- Work with high voltage equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrate safe boom/ladder truck operation.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and diagrams.
- Work in confined and high places with all OSHA safety rules and
- Work while wearing self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Use and care for tools and equipment of the electrical and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Education: High School diploma or GED
certificate. Experience: Three (3) years of experience involving
skilled mechanical or electrical maintenance on major equipment and
Experience and Education
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Education: Refer to Minimum Qualifications
Section. Experience: Refer to Minimum Qualifications Section.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATE License: Possession of an appropriate,
valid California Driver's License at the time of appointment, to be
maintained as a condition of continued employment. Ability to
obtain a Class B Driver's License within nine (9) months from date
of employment, to be maintained as a condition of continued
employment. Certificate: Possession of a Mechanical or
Instrumentation Technology Grade I Certification within twenty-four
(24) months from date of hire. Possession of a Traffic Signal
Technician Level I Certification within twenty-four (24) months
from date of hire. Possession of a Roadway Lighting Level I
Certification within twenty-four (24) months from date of hire.
Possession of a Work Zone Safety Certification within twenty-four
(24) months from date of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Maintain the following physical abilities:
see well enough to read, write and make observations, operate hand
and power tools, vehicles and heavy equipment; hear well enough to
converse on the radio, telephone and in person; bodily mobility to
walk, bend, stand, crouch or climb for extended periods of time,
operate assigned equipment and vehicles and perform heavy manual
labor for extended periods; ability to tolerate extreme
fluctuations in temperature while performing essential functions
and be able to lift equipment as necessary.
Keywords: city of turlock, Turlock , ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN I, Engineering , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!