Company: Stanislaus County Workforce Development
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Employer: P&F Metals
Job Type: FT
Location: Turlock, CA
Under the general direction, design, create drawings, and
coordinate activities to ensure project is completed in accordance
with customer specifications. Lay out complete project and prepares
assembly and detail drawings for project fabrication and
installation. Act as customer liaison from project inception to
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Act as a primary customer contact and follow up with customer
frequently during project design and installation.
- Prepare layouts, assembly, and detail drawings per customer
specifications, using various databases, including AutoCAD and
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prepare initial drawings and develop estimates for project
completion, according to customer specifications.
- Analyze various design requirements and recommend possible
solutions or alternate constructions.
- Prepare detailed design drawings for fabrication and assembly
to fulfill customer needs.
- Prepare documents and correspondences as needed for each
- Work with field and shop crew through foreperson to create
specific drawings to ensure project concept understanding and
layout. Develop installation drawings.
- Write parts required for orders, necessary rental equipment and
other items needed for installation crews to complete the job.
- Work with shop and Field Departments during assembly and
disassembly to ensure project is on track and moving forward
according to plan.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress,
coordinating activities and resolving problems.
- Maintain project database by updating system for all associated
costs and changes. Monitor cost projections and report on any
variances. Always work safely and abide by P&F Metals safety
policy as well as observe safety procedures and correct potentially
unsafe conditions or immediately report to the appropriate person
if unable to correct.
- Other duties as directed, assigned or instructed.
Any combination of experience and education that would prepare the
candidate for the duties and responsibilities of the position are
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Training in industrial technology, mechanical drawing,
mathematics, blueprint reading is highly desirable.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in dismantling, moving,
repairing, and installation of material handling equipment,
conveyance and elevating equipment, and processing equipment.
- Three (3) year experience in AutoCAD and/or drafting is highly
- Customer service experience is a plus.
Apprentice Project Engineer
Apprentice Project Engineers will work under the direct supervisor
of a Project Engineer or Engineering Manager, to gain
- One (1) year experience in dismantling, moving, repairing, and
installation of material handling equipment, conveyance and
elevating equipment, and processing equipment.
- One (1) year experience in AutoCAD and/or drafting is highly
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Work well with various personalities and effectively bring a
team together to produce desired results.
- Ability to understand how a machine functions and to assemble
and disassemble it properly.
- Ability to create blueprints and schematic drawings to
determine work procedures, construct foundations and assemble,
dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment.
- Follow verbal and oral directions.
- Fill out all necessary paperwork daily and weekly, including
timekeeping, material usage, etc.
- Work independently without direct supervision.
- Work closely with co-workers and other site contractors in a
professional and respectful manner.
- Conveyance and structural assembly.
- OSHA and safety regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel,
- AutoCAD or similar drafting program.
- Estimating projects and determining total costs, including
labor and overhead.
- Operations of Management Pursuit Software Applications.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- A valid California Class C Driver License and the ability to
- Abide by all P&F Metal's policies, guidelines and safety
- Exposure to the sun: 50% or less work time spent outside a
building and exposed to the sun.
- Irregular or extended work hours: Occasionally required to
change working hours or work overtime.
- Work performed in an office and outside environment
- May be exposed to dust, pungent smells, and other outdoor
- Must be able to work at heights.
The mental and physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES:
- Exercise independent judgment.
- Self directing and organized.
- Reason objectively.
- Assess projects and plan work activities on a daily and weekly
- Document concisely, accurately and timely.
- Handle a variety of duties which may be interrupted or changed
by immediate circumstances.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Communicate orally and in writing with management, co-workers,
customers, and the public in face-to-face and one-on-one
- Capable of negotiating stairways, ladders, and uneven ground
from time to time.
Sitting: Remains in a standing position for up to eight (8) hours
Hands/Arms: Operates computer equipment and uses hands constantly
for up to eight (8) hours per day
Lifting: Raises and lowers supplies up to fifty (50) pounds.
Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at the knees
Talking: Expresses ideas and shares information by means of spoken
work in person and by telephone.
Hearing: Hears well enough to receive communications in person and
Vision: Reads written messages for up to eight (8) hours per day.
Operates vehicles and equipment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Repetitive Hand Use
Simple Grasping Right Hand
Simple Grasping Left Hand
Power Grasping Right Hand
Power Grasping Left Hand
Pushing and Pulling Right Hand
Pushing and Pulling Left Hand
Reaching above Shoulder(s)
Reaching Below Shoulder Level
To Apply: Submit a resume here
Or apply in person at company location: 315 S. Broadway, Turlock,
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stanislaus County Workforce Development, Turlock , Project Engineer, Engineering , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!