Occupational Health & Safety Manager (OHS) - 1286
Posted on: February 23, 2021
View all jobs Occupational Health & Safety Manager (OHS) - 1286
Turlock, CA, CA Occupational Health & Safety Manager (OHS) -
Salary range: Base plus--20% bonus
Schedule:--M-F; 8 am to 5 pm
-- Food Manufacturing Company looking for and EH&S
This position is responsible for the inspection, evaluation and
implementation of company health, safety, sustainability,
regulatory compliance and risk management programs.--
Qualification Requirements and Preferences:
- Two to three years prior experience working in a EHS role
- Four year Technical Degree with Professional EHS certification
- DHS - Chemical Facility; PSM - Ammonia; CERs familiarity
- Proven leadership skills in a food manufacturing
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health, and safety
- Results oriented individual that is able to manage multiple
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written. Preference
bilingual in Spanish.
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with MS Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance to environmental, health, and safety regulations.
Implement and maintain environmental/health & safety management
- Prepare & submit regulatory reports to local, state, federal &
corporate entities as required (including OSHA requirements).
- Monitor legislative changes and recommendations based on their
potential impact to the business.
- Coordinate all COVID-19 related activities including, but not
limited to, training, auditing program effectiveness, maintaining
up-to-date crisis management plans manage entry programs, and being
a subject matter expert for COVID and other safety related
- Maintain metrics in accordance with Leadership
- Maintaining up-to-date Injury Illness Prevention Program
including JSA's, SOP's for all EAP, PSM & safety programs, safe
work practices and equipment.
- Responsible for partnering cross-functionally and coordinating
annual safety and regulatory required training. Provides ongoing
personnel safety training as required by OSHA. Certified trainer
for all mobile equipment training including confined spaces,
chemical safety, heat illness, etc.
- Support budget planning process with information on
environmental fees & permits, safety incentive program and managing
PPE inventory to ensure supplies are readily available.
- Support sustainability and environmental stewardship efforts
- Performs safety evaluations, runs site safety committee and
ergonomics programs. Chair or co-chair and lead the Safety and
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies, such
as, Department of Homeland Security, City of Turlock and OSHA to
include participation in industry specified organization.
- Represents company, as required, on specific projects and
during regulatory & agency audits, including documentation
- Complete accident and incident investigations and interviews
throughout company, as required.--
Keywords: PlacingIT, Turlock , Occupational Health & Safety Manager (OHS) - 1286, Executive , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!