North American Sales Director, Natural Food Ingredients
Company: Hire Horizons
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Our certified career coaches are here to listen, understand, and
advise. North American Sales Director, Natural Food Ingredients
Apply Location Turlock, CA
No Remote Type Direct Hire ID j-4188 Posted Jan 29, 2021 We are
seeking a results-driven Director of Sales to lead all Sales &
Business Development activities for a rapidly growing natural food
ingredient supplier. Reporting directly to the General Manager of
the Business Unit, this position will direct all sales activities
for the North American Business to achieve planned profit,
strategic goals, and exceed sales objectives to ensure the
company's short and long-term objectives are attained. This
position will maintain high levels of influence for a $250M
business unit within a leading global manufacturer and marketer of
colors, flavors, and other specialty ingredients. This group is one
of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and
garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper, and
dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery, and spinach.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Lead, train, manage and motivate a team of 14 Regional,
National, and International Sales Managers, including an inside
sales force and Customer Service Manager.
- Develop strategic and tactical sales/marketing plans that meet
corporate financial objectives in the Ingredient, CPG, and
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for revenue,
profitability, market growth or dynamics, and customer satisfaction
to track performance and provide feedback to the executive
- Support completion of SWOT analyses to fully understand
customers' needs and demands for new food ingredient products; then
develop differentiated programs that fulfill those needs.
- Collaborate and work closely with all departments, R&D,
Manufacturing, Purchasing, QC/QA, and Finance.
- Optimize the sales and support team(s), provide feedback,
coach, train, and establish career development plans for
- Develop annual and monthly forecasting of sales revenue,
volumes, margins, and expense budgets. Implement corrective actions
when needed throughout the fiscal year.
- Develop product pricing/margins, sales promotions, training
tools, marketing programs, collateral material, and potentially
alternative channel partners.
- Utilize Salesforce.com CRM software to track sales pipelines
and share best practices.
- Provide key forecasting inputs in areas such as production
prioritization, inventory management, product mix, economic
evaluations, and market analyses.
- Travel primarily in the domestic U.S. and internationally as
required to provide support and to drive profitable new growth,
including but not limited to site visits, industry conferences, and
customer sales calls. Qualifications for this role include:
- B.S. or B.A. with a Food Science, Agricultural, Business or
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- 8+ years of Sales, Business Development, and/or Marketing
leadership experience within the agricultural or natural ingredient
processing market, such as milling, crushing, refining,
- 10+ years of proven experience developing and selling
value-added integrated ingredient solutions into the food
manufacturing and CPG markets
- Facilitate remote work teams utilizing principles of Servant
Leadership with a bias towards action.
- Prior P&L experience with strong business acumen and
excellent negotiating skills.
- Well-developed relationship management skills and consultative
- Clear track record of delivering results with the ability to
lead and manage high-performance teams.
- Independent problem-solving and change management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent multitasking
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced P.C. skills, including Microsoft Office (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Ability to travel a minimum of 40-50% overnight throughout the
U.S., with limited travel to Canada and Mexico under Non-COVID
conditions. Compensation includes a very attractive base salary
commensurate with experience, annual bonus potential, 401K, ESOP,
comprehensive medical/dental benefits, and paid vacation.
Relocation assistance is available for outstanding candidates.
Apply Contact us to discuss how we can help fulfill your employment
needs today! 9696 Crawford Drive
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Keywords: Hire Horizons, Turlock , North American Sales Director, Natural Food Ingredients, Executive , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!