Process Improvement Manager
Company: Blue Diamond Growers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Process Improvement Manager leads the implementation of
continuous improvement projects, margin enhancement initiatives and
other plant capital projects which will enhance Turlock plant
operations while successfully partnering across Global Supply to
accomplish these initiatives. Additionally, this role is
responsible for managing the commission and start-up of new
production line(s), products and processes, ensuring that all
staffing, policies, and procedures are implemented to allow for
safe, efficient startup of equipment and products within schedule
and budget. As a member of the Turlock Site Leadership Team ensures
Safety, Quality, Service, Performance and People metrics are
achieved for the site and respective projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads the planning, commissioning, and start-up of new
production lines, products, and processes for the Turlock site.
Gets this work done by partnering and communicating with key
stakeholders at all levels in the organization (including front
line Team Members)
- Responsible for leading and planning necessary work to achieve
innovation, renovation, and brand changes for the site. Ensures
project timelines and project budgets are broadly understood,
communicated, and adhered to. This includes but is not limited to
proper standards, procedures, staffing, and training to ensure
successful execution for the operations team as well as any other
- Partners with the Senior Operations Excellence Manager to
ensure that projects are managed and executed by the site team in
accordance with established project standards.
- Responsible for participating in engineering design and reviews
for the operations team on capital projects. This includes but is
not limited to evaluating and providing solutions for material
flow, equipment functionality, staffing, throughput and other
relevant work areas as needed to ensure vertical start up on
- Responsible for execution of the margin enhancement (ME)
process within the site. Establishes cross-functional teams and
projects to deliver site ME targets. This includes facilitating
idea generation sessions to ensure adequate pipeline for future
year(s) and tracking monthly results.
- Personally, leads and drives at least $1M+ per year in margin
- Problem solving champion and coach for site.
- Leads Continuous Improvement initiatives for the site,
including partnership with Site Leadership team to ensure proper
measures, reviews, problem solving, as well as standards and
routines are in place and healthy.
- Responsible for implementation of advanced continuous
improvement (CI) tools (Kaizen, 6 Sigma, SMED for example) for the
site, including partnering with the Global Supply Process
Improvement Manager and other site Process Improvement Managers to
deploy proper tools as needed for the site's overall CI needs.
- Partners with the Process Improvement/Start-Up Managers at
other Blue Diamond Grower plants to share best practices and
standardize across sites, as
- Identifies best practices for reapplication to improve systems
- Builds effective relationships and engages Team Members at all
levels in the organization to ensure successful change management
and/or project implementation
- Develops communication plans ensuring key stakeholders are
informed of project status.
- Drive "Zero Harm" culture in all associated work.
- Ensures effective change management methodologies are
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business
- 7 years of production/operation experience in a manufacturing
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills: can take data and input
that is not well organized and organize it in a way that makes
analysis possible and be able to proactively solve problems.
- Demonstrated loss analysis and process improvement skills with
practical hands on application.
- Capable of communicating effectively and widely to all levels
of the organization.
- Communicating a common vision to cross-functional
- Manages and influences teams without formal authority;
developing and fostering effective collaboration across
- Proficient in computer skills using software in word
processing, spreadsheets and relational database systems.
- Experienced working under and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience and confidence leveraging continuous improvement
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Operations Manager experience.
- Food industry or similar high-turn environment experience
- Knowledge of food processing quality and safety
- Demonstrates attention to detail while working with large
volumes of data.
- Experience working through and in some instances, leading
- Must be able to physically move throughout the facility
including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated
catwalks and tight access areas. Able to work at a desk for
extended periods of time. On call 24 hours a day for emergency
situations. Must be able to work weekends and holidays when
- Must be able to work in a plant environment being exposed to
dust, high noise levels, extreme temperature and humidity
fluctuations and wet operating work conditions. Typical conditions
may include prolonged sitting, standing and walking.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required),
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering, High School/GED
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic
information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S.
Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the
rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of
Keywords: Blue Diamond Growers, Turlock , Process Improvement Manager, Executive , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!