Company: Beard Land Improvement Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Beard Land Improvement Company, based in Modesto, CA, is seeking a
Property Manager. This position will be responsible for the overall
operational and financial success of assigned properties. Property
Operations-- Maintain properties in a professional and marketable
condition.-- Ensure all onsite operations are in compliance with
company policy and governmental agencies through routine site
inspections.-- Ensure all vacant space and building common areas
meet company standards.-- Evaluate vendors and solicit bids
(including proper documentation, obtaining Certificates of
Insurance, and monthly billing)-- Manage the relationship with
third-party general contractors regarding repairs and tenant
improvements.-- Oversee the process and timely completion of tenant
improvement projects including close-out, plan review, approvals,
and management of associated paperwork (bids, permits, lien
waivers, correspondence, budgets, etc.).-- Responsible for annual
roof and property inspections to ensure highest quality is
maintained consistent with established specifications.-- Monitor
vendor and tenant insurance certificates.-- Process vendor invoices
according to company policies and procedures. -- Investigate all
complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.--
Be available for after hour emergency calls.-- Building
construction experience is a plus.
Tenant Relations & Lease Administration-- Develop and maintain
regular and professional interaction with tenants, staff,
management, vendors and ownership. Ensure tenant satisfaction.--
Monitor and enforce lease terms of agreements; billings and
collections of rent and other charges per lease.-- Maintain current
property records in accordance with legal requirements and company
policy, including HVAC and fire system inspections.-- Be proactive
and responsive to tenant concerns and maintenance requests. Contact
vendors and coordinate the completion of work when maintenance
requests are received.-- Coordinate tenant move-in / move-out
process, including space inspections. Process security deposit
refunds or complete any required repairs.-- Prepare lease files and
other electronic and hard-copy files.-- Ensure that all
administrative reporting, including governmental agency reporting,
is completed accurately and timely.-- Negotiate lease rates.-- Meet
with prospective tenants and show available properties.-- Organize
occasional tenant events
Financial Reporting (in conjunction with Accounting Department)--
Assist in the creation and implementation of individual property
and portfolio-wide budget, monitor and explain monthly budget
variances. Participate and make recommendations in capital planning
for the property(s).-- Prepare lease abstracts for new leases and
renewals.-- Establish and administer operating expense estimates,
preparing annual CAM reconciliation packages, including invoices
and backup to the tenants. Answer tenant questions regarding
billings.-- Review and approval of accruals, recurring charges and
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple
tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Organize work, set priorities and meet critical time sensitive
- Possess and maintain proficient computer skills including, but
not limited to NetSuite, and MS Office products such as Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Foster broker relationships.
- Community involvement. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor degree a plus but not required
- Minimum of five years' property management experience.
- CPM or RPA certification is desirable, but not required. Key
Skills & Competencies:
- Detail-oriented with a strong project and property management
- Proactive self-starter with ability to follow directions and
also set own action plan.
- Ability to learn and adopt quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet delivery
- Ability to work effectively both independently and also within
- Ability to probe, ask the right questions, and dig beneath the
surface to test the validity of information.
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically and
make well-reasoned business decisions.
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able
to maintain effective documentation.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to
- Some real estate legal experience in order to understand
leases, easements, and title / survey issues.
Company offers a competitive wage, including comprehensive benefits
and 401(k) with company match and bonus.
Keywords: Beard Land Improvement Company, Turlock , Property Manager, Executive , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!