Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN
Company: COVENANT LIVING
Posted on: June 8, 2020
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Making a difference in the
lives of others thats what working at Covenant Retirement
Communities is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the
opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of
older adults. From improving our residents quality of life, to
creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team
members know that as a part of our community, they are changing
lives. Covenant Retirement Communities, the nations sixth-largest
nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates
for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (LPNs/LVNs) to help in
fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for
our residents and their families by creating a better way of life.
Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part
of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a
supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in
assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.This position to
ensure that quality care is delivered through monitoring of staff
performance, physician contact, care planning and daily resident
observation. This position also provides direct care to residents.
All this is done according to nursing standards of practice,
standard procedures, and established State and Federal regulations
for skilled nursing facilities
In this role, the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse will:
- Assist routine daily direction and monitor the work of the
nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing
care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new LPN/LVNs and nursing
assistants and reinforce training standards to maintain a high
quality of care.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to
staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Nurse Manager or
Director of Nursing regarding observations, and suggestions of
problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs,
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional
conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate
staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician
and family members according to prescribed procedures.
- Provide direct patient care as appropriate including, but not
limited to, procedures such as catheter placement and care,
colostomy care, suction, dressings, naso-gastric tubes and other
- Participate in report at the beginning and end of shifts to
assure proper information about residents is communicated.
- Assist in the admission, orientation, and observation of new
residents, assure that physician orders for diets, therapy,
medication, etc. are transcribed and communicated according to
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of licensed practical/vocational
- Current license, in good standing, as an LPN/LVN in the
- One year nursing experience.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
Keywords: COVENANT LIVING, Turlock , Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Healthcare , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!