Security Facility Supervisor (Unarmed)-Gould Medical Foundation Building-Modesto, CA
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Overview: HSS a Tarian company specializes in managed security
services in both physical and virtual high-risk environments
keeping the excitement out of security since 1967. We partner and
serve with organizations in healthcare, aviation, schools, and
other settings where safety and security are top of mind. With
nearly 3,500 highly knowledgeable security and support staff, HSS a
Tarian company protects its partners and communities through
healthcare technology management, integrated security services
solutions, and an ingrained ability to assess and de-escalate
situations in physical security. More information about HSS a
Tarian company can be found on our website. POSITION SUMMARY:The
Security Facility Supervisor manages and provides leadership to
assigned workgroup; develops, implements, and coordinates program
activities. Compensation: $24.50/hr. Responsibilities:
- Manages daily work assignments and schedules to include the
daily schedule of all assigned HSS a Tarian company's
- Manages time sheet processing, overtime utilization, and Vision
- May conduct off-hours inspections of employees and program
- Develops and updates Facility Orders and Competency Tasks.
- Oversees the assigned work group and/or location(s); maintains
HSS a Tarian company's equipment and supplies.
- Provides facility employee involvement/security awareness
educational programs and workshops.
- Proactively leads, manages and develops direct reports.
- Develops and manages competency tasks and procedures.
- Analyzes department functions and make suggestions,
recommendations or changes when appropriate to increase
effectiveness and productivity.
- Writes reports / reviews reports from others and assesses
situations for potential negative impact.
- Interacts with various departments and leaders of the facility
to effectively implement the security program.
- Identifies program issues and potential negative situations;
develops and formulates possible solutions; reports possible
countermeasures to appropriate leaders.
- Performs duties of a security officer and/or supervisor as
needed which includes, but is not limited to:
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities,
or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may
include but is not limited to areas such as the main building,
outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels,
mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency
- Escorts persons and assist facility personnel.
- Constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result
in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Enforces and abides by all regulations and guidelines of the
facility, HSS a Tarian company.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional
ability to quickly grasp stressful situations, develop rapport with
uncooperative individuals, understand when people are or are not
processing information, and be supportive or directive as
- Ability to physically intervene when people are in crisis. This
includes the functional ability to physically restrain people,
requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as
the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of
a struggle with someone physically stronger, while making all
possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to
continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients
or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a facility and, where
applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the facility
security representatives, local public safety agencies, and HSS a
Tarian companu administration.
- Participates on facility committees and interfaces with
appropriate facility departments.
- Ensures applicable paperwork/computer data are properly
documented and followed up.
- Attends HSS a Tarian company and facility conferences and
meetings as scheduled.
- Apply HSS a Tarian company's Use of Force Policy
- Performs other job-related duties as
assigned.Qualifications:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelors Degree in Social Science, Behavioral Health or
related discipline preferred and/or the equivalent of education and
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer, and Supervisor Training
Certification within 6 months of assignment; must have Certified
Healthcare Protection Administrator Certificate within one year of
- Minimum of two to three years supervisory experience and
background in management in a service setting.
- One year of mental health experience preferred.
- Prefer experience and training in dealing with behavioral
health patients and other aggressive or At Risk persons and related
staff/patient safety situations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language
- Strong public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a
- Ability to effectively write analytical reports, routine
reports and correspondence and proofread team member reports for
such things as correct spelling, grammar and clarity.
- Ability to build positive working relationships and demonstrate
- Experience with scheduling systems is a plus.
- Experience with data analytics preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and ability to learn labor
management software and incident reporting software.
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist
people and provide protection.
- Manages security program operations duties which include but
are not limited to:
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly identify
potential negative or dangerous situations and implement effective
- Manage and motivate a diverse workforce, monitor and measure
employee performance and provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to meet HSS a Tarian company's driving requirements and
maintain a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications Our full-time
positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths,
and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
InsuranceSupplemental Medical Reimbursement PlansWe offer paid
leave and paid time off in accordance with federal and state
- Paid Holidays - The schedule of paid holidays may vary by
location.401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning ConsultingShort-term
& Long-term Disability Income Protection BenefitsLife Insurance for
Teammate and FamilyEmployee Assistance ProgramPerks Discount
Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial
wellness.Wellness ProgramPet InsuranceIdentify Theft Protection
Plan HSS a Tarian company will consider all qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or
any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Tarian, Turlock , Security Facility Supervisor (Unarmed)-Gould Medical Foundation Building-Modesto, CA, Healthcare , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!