Center Manager (RN)
Company: Satellite Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2018
Requisition Number 17-0661
Post Date 2/12/2018
Title Center Manager (RN)
Location West Turlock
Job Status Full Time
Work Hours 40
We're Satellite Healthcare, one of the country's most innovative providers of patient-centered dialysis and kidney disease services. Known for our collegial and supportive corporate culture, our medical and clinical staffs are highly motivated and committed to promoting patient wellness and improved quality of life. At our attractive and comfortable treatment centers, our patients receive unparalleled renal disease education and treatment, medical technology, nutrition programs and social services.
Satellite Healthcare The Center Manager (Registered Nurse) is responsible for the day to day operations of the dialysis center. This includes, but not is not limited to patient, clinic, personnel, and financial management. Possesses a strong understanding of the quality performance assessment and improvement program. Ability to assess and proactively address potential patient and/or staff safety issues. Considered an experienced expert in the field who acts as a liaison to physicians. Ability to communicate with patients, physicians, direct reports and other co-workers is critical. A team leader who educates and mentors staff members as appropriate. Provides nursing support services to the center for unscheduled absences or for patient care, as needed. This component of the job is variable and will be defined in conjunction with the Territory Director.
Wellbound In addition to the above, the Center Manager has overall responsibility for overseeing home dialysis services including promotion of home dialysis modalities, patient education and training, primary nursing, patient follow-up care, quality management in the center, on call coverage, and coordination of physician clinics. This position also has responsibility for oversight of facility and equipment maintenance as well as supplies and inventory. In startup situations, this position is responsible for the recruitment and training of initial staff, state licensure and Medicare certification. This position may also be called the "Administrator", "Supervising Nurse" and/or "Director of Nursing" for the clinic.
Essential Functions The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
- Patient Care Supervision Understands basic renal function and the consequences of renal failure. Observes and records patient's responses to renal failure and its treatment. Directs and supervises the care of the patients on dialysis. Performs thorough patient assessments as evidenced by documentation.
- Critical Results/Situations Uses professional discretion in critical or emergency situations and directs the necessary intervention. Recognizes changes in patient's condition on dialysis and makes necessary adjustments in their therapy. Notifies the physician, providing the appropriate information, and implements physician's orders.
- Patient Schedule Provides oversight of the patient schedule and makes staff assignments based on priorities for patient care and skill level of the staff, maintains on-call schedule for home programs with 24/7 call support. Consistently reviews and evaluates patient priorities as changes occur in the condition of the patient or center. Directs staff in work assignments to address these changes.
- Patient Admissions and Discharges Verifies the accuracy and safety of all orders, implements them and/or delegates to appropriate staff. Ensures discharge management is accurate and complete.
- Access Management Leads the VAL team and ensures consistent, timely monitoring and verifies appropriate action of identified problems. Collects Infiltration Reports, ensures infiltration instructions are delivered, and notifies MD as appropriate.
- Anemia Management Provides routine oversight and assures appropriate action of critical lab values. Assumes responsibility in the absence of the Anemia Manager.
- Adequacy Management Sets the admission dialysis prescription per MD approved Adequacy Protocol for new admissions. Assembles the monthly adequacy team including, but not limited to, the Dietician and Center Manager to discuss what aspects of the treatment can be modified to correct deficiencies in the delivery of dialysis.
- Patient Rounding Implements routine rounding of patients to proactively identify needs and concerns of in-center patients. For home programs, patient needs and concerns will be evaluated at point of service. Ensures the confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Incident Reports Responsible for the review and analysis of internal incident reports and reports significant incidents promptly to the Territory Director. Aggregates data to identify trends in accordance with the QAPI program.
- Patient Care Conferences Responsible for monthly management of interdisciplinary team care conferences.
- Medical Record Management Assumes responsibility for the overall supervision and management of the medical records as outlined in the Operational Policy and Procedures manual. Responsible for accuracy, completeness and timeliness of all data entry including Crown Web data.
- Quality Assessment Performance Improvement A required member of the QAPI team who monitors aggregate clinical outcome data to identify trends, analyze root causes and implement interventions to correct real and/or potential problems in the center. Responsible for oversight of QAPI projects related to identified problems.
- Infection Control and Vaccinations Ensures employee compliance with all infection control policies and procedures to prevent and control infections. Maintains neat and clean environment. Ensures all infections are correctly documented (including NHSN reporting as required) and appropriate care is rendered per protocol or MD order. Provides oversight of patient vaccinations including Hepatitis B, Seasonal Flu, and Pneumonia. Provides data as required by the Renal Network Environmental/Vaccination Scans.
- Renal Network Compliance Follows guidelines and goals in accordance with the legislative mandate for the ESRD Network Program.
- Governing Body Meetings The Center Manager is a member of the local governing body and is responsible for the direct supervision of all aspects of the center operations and serves as the designated Administrator for the center. Meetings shall be held according to the Governing Body and Center Governance Policy.
- Staffing Promotes a teamwork approach by offering information, advice, and assistance to all unit staff members in a positive, courteous, and cooperative manner. Assists in staff scheduling and interprets staffing policies. Arranges coverage for unscheduled absences.
- Staff Meetings Responsible for conducting monthly staff meeting to address any areas of concern and to ensure proper communication between all staff members.
- Focal Reviews Participates in evaluations. Supervises, evaluates, and determines clinical competency in conjunction with the Territory Director.
- Policy and Procedure Provides oversight of policies and procedures and acts on non-compliance including notifying the Territory Director. Ensures staff documents thoroughly and correctly. Effectively communicates new policy and procedure updates.
- Supplies Ensures proper use of supplies to minimize waste. Oversees adequate supply stock, and communicates needs to the in-center Technical Supervisor or home program Technical Program Coordinator.
- Budget Monitors operating and capital budget to ensure containment of controllable costs.
Facility Management for Home Centers:
- Facility maintained in good repair
- Equipment maintained and safe
- Responsible for communicating request/needs to Technical Program Coordinator Conduct:
- Understands legal consequences of nursing actions, both immediate and long term. Adheres to all policies found in the Employee Conduct Expectations (i.e. dress code, professionalism, etc.) found in the Employee Handbook.
- Contributes to harmonious and constructive working relationships with all staff members. Requirements
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or equivalent, BSN preferred
Experience: Two (2) years of Clinical Manager experience or two (2) years of Satellite Clinical Coordinator experience; Three (3) years hemodialysis nursing experience
License/Certification: Current Registered Nurse (RN) license within state of practice; CNN or CDN certification or within 1 year of eligibility; Current CPR certification
(California, Indiana & Illinois)
Education:..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Satellite Healthcare, Turlock , Center Manager (RN), Healthcare , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!