Hotel Security, Days Inn Turlock
Company: WS Management
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Security Guard is responsible for providing
an atmosphere of confidence and trust. The Security Guard maintains
the safety and security of the hotel and its property while
ensuring the care of the Guests and their personal possessions. The
Security guard provides exceptional Guest services to every Guest
and visitor of the hotel while upholding all policies and
procedures.Duties/Responsibilities:The following reflects the
essential duties for this job but does not restrict the tasks that
may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities of this job at any time. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential
duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable
- Spend the majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing
stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and
identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable
conditions. Requires verbal communication using a two-way radio,
bending, stooping, and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of
guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient
response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire, or safety
hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and
persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel
policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of
hotel guests, employees, patrons, and property. Requires grasping,
lifting, and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages,
luggage, wheelchairs, and safety equipment using manual dexterity
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline call and respond
in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the
case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the
supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Be aware of all visitors entering/exiting the property and
notify MOD/Management of any suspicious activity.
- Conduct exterior and interior patrols of the hotel premises on
a regular basis each evening, as defined by management.
- Inspect each entrance/exit to ensure proper closure and report
any malfunction to management.
- Assist Guests with room location and access as needed.
- Respond to accidents, contact authorities and EMS as necessary.
Report to management as required.
- Respond to guest requests, and re-direct to appropriate
department as needed.
- Complete documentation and reporting of all security/loss
prevention-related incidents. Conduct investigations and gathering
of evidence as required.
- Ensure pool, and fitness center hours are enforced.
- Follow emergency procedures, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS),
safety precautions, and safest work habits.
- Manage difficult/noisy Guests following company
- Remain aware of all potential security problems and report them
to your Supervisor and/or GM.
- Report any suspicious or unusual situations encountered while
performing duties to Supervisor, GM or MOD.
- Escort all unwelcome persons from the property in a safe
manner, avoiding interruption of property operations.
- Support other departments as needed with cleaning and
- Follow all company safety and security policies and
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and
answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.Required
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of
- Ability to perform consistent work to the highest of
- Ability to interact with guests in a pleasant, friendly
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Always follow our established safety procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about your Property's layout, facilities, and
services so that you can answer questions from Guests.
- Know emergency procedures, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS),
safety precautions, and safest work habits.
- Able to work a varied schedule including holidays, weekends,
and nights as the business dictates.
- Able to clearly communicate to employees, Guests, vendors &
- Be knowledgeable about the local area, including attractions
and amenities, so that you can answer questions from Guests.
- CORE COMPETENCIES: Sound judgment, must be able to handle loud,
rude, or intoxicated Guests, be able to interact with law
enforcement, and remain calm.The statements listed are intended to
represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They
are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of
the job. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel.We are an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without
regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or other protected class.
Those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be
Keywords: WS Management, Turlock , Hotel Security, Days Inn Turlock, Hospitality & Tourism , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!