Company: Covenant Living
Posted on: June 18, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
In this role, theCook will:
- Check production and prep sheets for daily assignments and with
production supervisor for any special assignments.
- Prepare necessary food for lunch/dinner according to production
- Set up lunch for residents according to steam table
- Prepare sandwiches as necessary for residents'
- Break down and clean up serving line and all other food
- Properly record all left-overs; labels, dates and properly
- Prepare all necessary foods for supper meal according to
- Complete all prep items according to prep sheet.
- Assist with set-up of steam table for supper.
- Take and record temperatures. Correct any temperature
- Plate food for residents as ordered with attention to
appearance and garnish.
- Clean up steam table and all hot food areas.
- Complete weekly cleaning assignments as scheduled.The ideal
candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of food service experience in an institutional
- Current state sanitation certificate.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use
recipes, prepare meals and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert
- Understanding of standard food measurements and
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow
tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department
and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.
- Must be of legal driving age and have current legal driver's
license.For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Turlock , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!