Customer Service Rep
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Respond to inquiries, processing orders and handling complaints in
a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. Other responsibilities
include greeting visitors, telephone responses, scheduling and
various other clerical duties. May handle and resolve
• Responds to all customer inquiries and complaints concerning
work-orders, shipments, inventory counts, etc.
• Reports customer feedback to management.
• Acts as liaison between customer and warehouse for account
administration, customer, and office for invoicing and credit
• Generates all paperwork/information required for customer work
orders including checking on special requests, expediting orders
where necessary, tracking orders and post inventory records.
• Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying
• Provides clerical support including overseeing all paperwork
associated with orders, maintaining corresponding files, answering
phones, operating office equipment/computers needed to perform
duties, greeting visitors
• Schedule loads as required.
• Maintain updated reports to ensure all loads are empty and
• Resolve refused product, over, short and damaged (OS&D)
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to
work assigned shift.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 0-2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
• Flexibility and initiative.
• Experience working with challenging customers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Understand the specific needs and requests of customers, the
nature of their product and storage and handling needs.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and
receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without
exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring
reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with
others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Desktop computers.
• Accurate typing and data entry skills
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Turlock , Customer Service Rep, Hospitality & Tourism , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!