BI ETL Developer
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: August 24, 2019
BI ETL Developer
We are looking for an experienced BI ETL Developer. In this role
you will be responsible for maintaining our data warehouse and all
ETL tasks including:
- Developing ETL solutions for reporting designed to support
business outcome requirements
- Engaging with department and business unit resources to ensure
understanding of requirements and data environment
- Delivering timely, validated, well-tested work product
- Participating in development of quality and continuous
improvement standards and protocols
What You Will Be Doing
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain SQL (SQL Server)
code for ETL, reports and other needs.
- Coordinate with Sr. Data Architect to implement ETL procedures
for new projects.
- Determine the optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse
system platforms and moving it to the BI.
- Perform tests and validate the data flow, prepare all ETL
processes according to business requirements.
- Solicit detailed requirements, develop designs with input from
the Sr. Data Architect, and develop code consistent with existing
practice patterns and standards.
- Maintain effective awareness of all production activities
according to required standards.
- Provide support to existing BI applications.
- Perform root cause analysis on BI processes, resolve production
issues, validate data, perform routine tests on databases and
provide support to assigned ETL applications.
- Manage current and future needs of the data design and
- Contribute to and follow in-house BI standards.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science or related
- Advanced SQL Server skills.
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with Microsoft-based ETL and
SSIS package development. Experience in designing, building and
implementing BI solutions with modern BI tools (e.g. Power BI or
- 1 year of data modeling experience.
- Java or Python coding experience (plus)
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate diverse data
- Expertise in T-SQL; store procedures, triggers, views and
- Strong understanding of ETL principles; servers, databases and
- Proficiency in deploying and debugging a production SSIS.
- Experience in designing KPI, Measure, Dimension, Hierarchy,
dashboard and scorecard preferred.
- Understanding of Kimball Lifecycle Methodology for Data Warehouse
and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Knowledge of SSAS, Azure, DAX, XML and REST preferred.
- Understanding of data integration best practices
- Communication skills - ability to communicate with business users
and translate the analyzed data into business language.
- Problem-solving skills - data analysis, identification of problem
areas and formulation of solutions.
So, if you are a BI ETL Developer with experience, please apply
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Turlock , BI ETL Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!