Company: Stanislaus County Workforce Development
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Employer: P&F Metals
Job Type: FT
# of Positions: 1
Location: Turlock, CA
Under the general supervision, fabricate and manufacture structural
steel components, sheet metal parts, machinery and heavy equipment
according to blueprints, layout plans, or other drawings.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read and interpret blueprints to plan setup and operation of
all types of fabrication tools.
- Build, repair and/or modify heavy equipment and conveyance
equipment, according to blueprints and layout plans.
- Fabricate Structural Steel Components and assemblies according
to blueprints and layout plans.
- Work cooperatively with Engineering and Field Operations to
ensure product meets customer specifications.
- Use acetylene and electrical equipment in the heating, welding,
cutting, and brazing of metals in accordance with standard safety
and trade practices.
- Operate a metal shear, press brake and metal roll in the
fabrication of various metal appurtenances and components.
- Perform housekeeping duties to ensure a safe and efficient
- Utilize forklift to move equipment, supplies and other items as
- Always work safely and abide by P&F Metals safety policy as
well as observe safety procedures and correct potentially unsafe
conditions or immediately report to the appropriate person if
unable to correct.
- Other duties as directed, assigned or instructed.
- Must have Mechanical Abilities.
Any combination of experience and education that would prepare the
candidate for the duties and responsibilities of the position are
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Training in industrial technology, mechanical drawing,
mathematics, blueprint reading is highly desirable.
- Three (3) years of experience in metal work, including welding,
cutting and assembly work.
- Ability to understand how a machine functions and to assemble
and disassemble it properly.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine
work procedures, construct foundations and assemble, dismantle and
overhaul machinery and equipment.
- Safely perform all types of welding, cutting and brazing, using
gas and electric equipment.
- Follow verbal and oral instructions.
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment.
- Fill out all necessary paperwork daily and weekly, including
timekeeping, material usage, etc.
- Work independently.
- Work closely with co-workers and other site contractors in a
professional and respectful manner.
- Operations of equipment, including but not limited to drills,
grinders, speedy cuts and various hand tools.
- Knowledge of welders, forklifts, and manlifts.
- OSHA and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of shop metal working equipment.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- A valid California Class C Driver License and the ability to
- Abide by all P&F Metal's policies, guidelines and
- Exposure to the sun: 30% or less work time spent outside a
building and exposed to the sun.
- Irregular or extended work hours: Occasionally required to
change working hours or work overtime.
- Work typically performed in a shop environment.
- May be exposed to dust, pungent smells, and other outdoor
The mental and physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Communicate orally and in writing with management, co-workers,
customers, and the public in face-to-face and one-on-one
- Capable of negotiating stairways and uneven ground from time to
Sitting: Remains in a standing position for up to ten (10) hours
Hands/Arms: Operates equipment and small hand tools for up to ten
(10) hours per day
Lifting: Raises and lowers supplies up to fifty (50) pounds.
Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at the knees
Talking: Expresses ideas and shares information by means of spoken
work in person and by telephone.
Hearing: Hears well enough to receive communications in person and
Vision: Reads written messages for up to ten (10) hours per day.
Operates vehicles and equipment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Repetitive Hand Use
Simple Grasping Right Hand
Simple Grasping Left Hand
Power Grasping Right Hand
Power Grasping Left Hand
Pushing and Pulling Right Hand
Pushing and Pulling Left Hand
Reaching above Shoulder(s)
Reaching Below Shoulder Level
To Apply: Submit a resume
Or apply in person at company location: 315 S. Broadway, Turlock,
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stanislaus County Workforce Development, Turlock , Fabricator, Other , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!