Company: Stanislaus County Workforce Development
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Employer: P&F Metals
Job Type: FT
Location: Turlock, CA
Under the general direction, install dismantle, or move machinery
and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Perform varied mechanical duties such as dismantling, moving,
repairing and installing. Repair power shafting, pulleys, hoists,
conveyors, and other facility equipment. Start up and shut down
equipment in line with company safety procedures for equipment
under power as well as OSHA requirements.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and
alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools,
squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment and
tests unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment using hand tools and power
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and
equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate
and aligns unit to centerline.
- Erect scaffolding and disassembles upon completion of the job,
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position
parts using hand tools and measuring instruments to set specified
clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers,
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit
using hand tools and power tools.
- Always work safely and abide by P&F Metals safety policy as
well as observe safety procedures and correct potentially unsafe
conditions or immediately report to the appropriate person if
unable to correct.
- Other duties as directed, assigned or instructed.
Any combination of experience and education that would prepare the
candidate for the duties and responsibilities of the position are
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Training in industrial technology, mechanical drawing,
mathematics, blueprint reading is highly desirable.
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in dismantling, moving,
repairing, and installation of heavy equipment, preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in welding, cutting and brazing
using gas and electric types of equipment.
Apprentice Millwright Mechanic
Apprentice Millwrights will work under the direct supervisor of the
Millwright or Millwright Supervisor, to gain experience.
- One (1) year experience in dismantling, moving, repairing, and
installation of heavy equipment, preferred.
- One (1) year experience in welding, cutting and brazing using
gas and electric types of equipment.
- Ability to understand how a machine functions and to assemble
and disassemble it properly.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine
work procedures, construct foundations and assemble, dismantle and
overhaul machinery and equipment.
- Safely perform all types of welding, cutting and brazing, using
gas and electric equipment.
- Follow verbal and oral instructions.
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment.
- Fill out all necessary paperwork daily and weekly, including
timekeeping, material usage, etc.
- Work independently.
- Work closely with co-workers and other site contractors in a
professional and respectful manner.
- Work at heights.
- Operations of field equipment, including but not limited to
drills, grinders, speedy cuts and various hand tools.
- OSHA and safety regulations.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- A valid California Class C Driver License and the ability to
- Abide by all P&F Metal's policies, safety guidelines and
- Exposure to the sun: 90% or less work time spent outside a
building and exposed to the sun.
- Irregular or extended work hours: Occasionally required to
change working hours or work overtime.
- Work performed in an outside environment.
- May be exposed to dust, pungent smells, and other outdoor
- Must be able to work at heights.
The mental and physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES:
- Exercise independent judgment.
- Self directing and organized.
- Reason objectively.
- Assess, project and plan work activities on a daily and weekly
- Document concisely, accurately and timely.
- Handle a variety of duties which may be interrupted or changed
by immediate circumstances.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Communicate orally and in writing with management, co-workers,
customers, and the public in face-to-face and one-on-one
- Capable of negotiating stairways and uneven ground from time to
- Must be able to work at heights.
Sitting: Remains in a standing position for up to ten (10) hours
Hands/Arms: Operates equipment and small hand tools for up to ten
(10) hours per day
Lifting: Raises and lowers supplies up to fifty (50) pounds.
Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at the knees
Talking: Expresses ideas and shares information by means of spoken
work in person and by telephone.
Hearing: Hears well enough to receive communications in person and
Vision: Reads written messages for up to ten (10) hours per day.
Operates vehicles and equipment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Repetitive Hand Use
Simple Grasping Right Hand
Simple Grasping Left Hand
Power Grasping Right Hand
Power Grasping Left Hand
Pushing and Pulling Right Hand
Pushing and Pulling Left Hand
Reaching above Shoulder(s)
Reaching Below Shoulder Level
To Apply: Submit Resume Here,
Or apply in person at company location: 315 S. Broadway, Turlock,
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stanislaus County Workforce Development, Turlock , Millwright, Other , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!