Posted on: June 17, 2022
US1158 FreshPoint Central California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Purchase quality products, on time, at a competitive price, so the
company can grow and maintain sales and margins. Using only fully
approved (Corporate) vendors and following corporate contracts.
- Review item movement to determine purchase needs, cut PO's
(purchase order), review PO (purchase order) confirmations.
- Physically review inventory daily with a larger focus on more
- Handle all credits and returns promptly to minimize shrink
- Work with pricing department, vendors and corporate to ensure
all PO's (purchase order) priced correctly
- Work with Transportation to maximize profitability.
- Coordinate with Sales to maximize the timely utilization of all
inventories, maximize inventory turns and reduce inventory
- Maintain the accuracy and stay up to date on all item
maintenance, including COO (chief operating officer), local,
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years purchasing in like field and/or working within a
retail, wholesale, or distribution environment
- Excel, Word, 10 key and typing at a minimum of 30 words per
- Determination of how much of any given item to have on hand
which can carry a great dollar value.
- Rejection of product, protection on the troubled product,
inability to recover shrink, substitute items when short of stock
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Turlock , Merchandising, Other , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!