Food Service Worker
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Posted on: November 19, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Covenant Living is seeking a
Food Service Worker. In this position the Food Service Worker may
work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will
assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables.
Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and
workstations. The general responsibilities of the position include
those listed below but may include other responsibilities of the
position.In this role, theDining Services Aidewill:
- Read recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimate food requirements.
- Operate a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix,
wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs
for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assist in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and
properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature
requirements and spoilage.
- Inspect workstations for compliance with service
- Keep records and requisition for supplies/equipment as
- Clean and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all
regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Set up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provide general stocking duties in service area.
- Serve and replenish food from counters and steam tables
(sometimes using a conveyor food belt) and breaks down stations at
the end of meal periods.
- Brew coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interact with residents and guests in the serving, retail and
- Assist residents and guests with opening containers and cutting
food when requested.
- Attend all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and
- Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participate in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Comply with all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May work on a tray line to distribute food.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.The
ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking and
analytical skills, required.
- Willingness to work with and interact with older adults.For
full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Turlock , Food Service Worker, Other , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!