Full Time Cook
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Posted on: November 21, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!The Cook will accurately and
efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot
and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events.In this role,
- Prepare and cook to order foods that may require short
- May prepare food and serve customers a la carte and may operate
a grill station.
- Prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
- Read food order or receive verbal instructions on food required
by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Provide the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
- Prepare foods under direct supervision or instruction by
operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix
ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and
vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for
- Taste products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attend all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Comply with all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and
- Participate in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attend training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May receive inventory, move and lift supplies and prepare meals
for customers requiring special diets.
- May produce some batch goods using basic cooking
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.The
ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use
recipes, prepare meals and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert
- Understanding of standard food measurements and
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow
tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department
and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.For full
time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Turlock , Full Time Cook, Other , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!