AVP - Underwriting
Company: Farm Credit Foundations
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Why should you join our team?
American AgCredit offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a
national financial system supporting those who feed, clothe and
fuel the world. We are a growing organization embracing
collaboration and innovation while delivering transformative
solutions. American AgCredit provides a cultivating environment
where you truly make a difference for our customers and teams.
Benefits offered by American AgCredit:
- Commitment to agriculture and the communities we serve
- Family friendly work environment
- Investment in employee development
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Outstanding 401k - automatic 3% employer contribution, plus
match up to 6%
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation accrued at 21 days annually,
Sick Days accrued at 15 days annually, 12 paid holidays, plus 16
hours of volunteer time)
- Competitive Incentive Compensation Plan
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee mental, physical, and financial wellness programs
- The position is bonus eligible based on association and
Position will be posted until filled.
The Underwriter is responsible for analyzing and evaluating
numerous or large and complex commercial and/or real estate loan
application; servicing commercial and/or real estate loans by
frequent contact with customers; and actively pursuing new business
through organized marketing and business development programs. May
be responsible for management of existing designated loan
portfolio; renewal operating loans and term loans.
- Interview loan applicants; prepare loan applications, financial
statements and budgets.
- Prepare spreadsheets of financial statements, e.g., balance
sheets and income statements.
- Input all required data into the loan origination and loan
- Review all pertinent credit and financial information;
determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional
information; analyze information statement and related material;
prepare summaries, present facts, and offer opinions concerning
- Analyzing loan applications and supporting documents. Recommend
approval or denial of loans, or approve/deny loans within lending
- Determine and review legal documentation.
- Verify financial statements, review credit reports, and collect
- Communicate Association credit philosophy and stock
requirements to customer. Communicate and promote the availability
of loan products and other financially related services.
- Prepare loan servicing actions and follow-up on assigned loan
portfolio. Interact with title companies.
- Monitor loan process. Provide backup to loan officers on
customer service issues and respond independently to requests for
information and assistance.
- Conduct collateral inspections.
- Represent the Association at public functions.
- Conducts credit training and development programs for
- May serve as a member of the employee loan committee or
participate in loan committee meetings.
- Perform other duties assigned.
LEVELS OF SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED:
Exercises no supervision; makes independent decisions; works under
general supervision of VP-Regional Credit Underwriting, or
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least eight years progressively responsible banking or
related agricultural lending experience.
- BA/BS degree with emphasis on agribusiness, business
administration, or equivalent.
- Strong credit and analytical skills. Demonstrated understanding
of agricultural lending principles and practices, and association
and Farm Credit System operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of FCA regulations, association, and district
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work to
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in use of PC, including word-processing, e-mail and
electronic spreadsheet software.
- Provides training to credit staff and may serve as a member of
or participate in loan committee meetings.
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and work in a
typical office setting. Employee will be sitting for extended
periods of time and accomplishing work at a desk and work at a
computer for an extended period of time. Must have strong written
and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work
well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands
and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in
performance of the job. Some lifting and moving of items up to 25
pounds required. Work during established business hours and may
require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
PART-TIME REMOTE/HYBRID: These employees will work partly remote
and partly onsite. Part-time remote employees will work with their
managers to determine when and how often they are needed
Minimum $80,075.03 - Max $125,117.24 Annual
This range is reflective of the national salary average for this
position and will be adjusted using geographic variance for
physical location of the hired candidate. American AgCredit may
compensate outside of the salary range for bona fide reasons not
related to membership in a protected class.
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United
States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for
American AgCredit provides equal opportunity in employment to all
employees and applicants. We celebrate diversity and do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition,
military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence,
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. American AgCredit prohibits harassment of any
individuals on any of the bases listed above.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Farm Credit Foundations, Turlock , AVP - Underwriting, Other , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!