Programmer Analyst III
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Develops, maintains, and enhances business applications providing
specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. Utilizes a
variety of computing architectures including client/server,
intranet and Web. Collaborates with bank customers, staff, IT
colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements,
assess available technologies, and recommends solution
- Provides business analysis and programming expertise within an
assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in
analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives;
devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems.
Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new programs.
Defines problems, identifies and analyzes application requirements.
Develops analytical tools including logic charts, diagrams, record
formats and coding structures to assist in problem analysis.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be
written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering
computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and
form of desired results.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in
development, maintenance and application standards.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with
other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and
support project efforts.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and
relational data definitions across multiple computing environments
(e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- May lead small projects or regularly coach other project
personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a
way that complies with architectural standards and established
methodologies and practices.
- Represents the bank by actively participating in outside civic
and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations,
and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to
meet expected customer
- service levels.
- Maintains contact with vendors, industry peers, and
professional associations to
- keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies
and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank
Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair
Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training. Basic Qualifications
- *Bachelors degree in technical area or technical training
- *Minimum 3 years' experience in business application design,
development installation, and modification in an online
- *Minimum 5 years' experience as a business or data/programmer
- *Minimum 5 years' experience with industry standard tools (i.e.
Visual Studio, Reporting Services, TFS, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services)
- *Minimum 5 years working in a corporate environment.Job Skills
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience in
application development in new computing architectures and
environments (e.g., client/server, Web).
- Knowledge of relevant technology, tools, and middleware is
critical, including Windows, C/C++ desired.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases
of applications programming activities.
- Has good understanding of the business or function for which
application is designed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability
to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Applies conceptual knowledge of information technologies and
methodologies in mainframe, midrange, and PC computing environments
desirable; in-depth experience in one or more is critical.
- Understanding of proper coding techniques and testing
- Proficient in debugging techniques and technical problem
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and
- Good knowledge of project management technique is
- Experience with structured design, development, and
implementation of new computing architectures.
- May write code or oversee its production using current
languages including, but not limited to: JAVA, COBOL, Visual Basic,
Microsoft, SQL-Server, Oracle, C, C++, Access, etc.*Represents
basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this
position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.City
National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/VeteransNote: This
preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Note:
Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay
interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates
who are hired unless previously agreed. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: City National Bank, Turlock , Programmer Analyst III, Professions , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!