Material Handling Equipment Technician II - USBL - US $5000 Sign on Bonus
Posted on: November 13, 2022
US0004 Sysco Central California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
At Sysco your career moves with you! We currently have technician
position available across the US! We offer relocation assistance
packages to help you make the move to your desired location. We
have strong compensation and benefits to go along with our robust
training program and tool allowance. Here the opportunities are
limitless. Learn more about our available positions across the US
THERE IS A $5000 SIGN ON BONUS TO THIS POSITION.
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting Material
Handling Equipment (MHE) technician III with maintenance activities
associated with material handling equipment, and maintenance of
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety
policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (AC - Alternative current &
DC - Direct current) low voltage
- Complete small electrical repairs and welding projects as
- Maintain power material handling equipment (MHE). Including
preventive maintenance (PM) of MHE fleet checking, draining and
filling oil levels as needed, checking, adjusting, or replacing all
belts and chains as needed, checking and troubleshooting electrical
controls issues, replacing motors and controls, safety checks,
preventive maintenance (PM) per manufacturers recommendations
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems/schematics/components,
electrical systems/schematics both AC and DC (distribution center)
systems, drive motors, power amps, electrical controls including
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions,
drive units, differentials, braking systems, telescopic masts,
reach mechanism, steering systems, suspension systems
- Completes all special projects associated with buildings or
grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to moving furniture
or fixtures, changing lights, light carpentry, painting, light
plumbing, changing of light bulbs, repair of minor electrical
- Assist the battery technicians; duties will include assisting
in battery charger repairs, battery changes for MHE, repair of
plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing
batteries, acid spill clean up, battery rack cleaning, battery area
sweeping and cleaning, setting equalizing charge on batteries
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis
in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping, clean up of all maintenance
areas/work areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal
Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies
and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a
high level of cooperation
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Tech school or equivalent is preferred (2 years)
- Four years in an MHE maintenance position; or equivalent
combination of education and related experience
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof
of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved the defensive driving program
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months
- MHE 8 hour maintenance tech certificate from MHE manufacturer
(IE: Crown, Raymond, Hyster, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Turlock , Material Handling Equipment Technician II - USBL - US $5000 Sign on Bonus, Professions , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!