Company: Covenant Living Communities
Posted on: November 15, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Maintenance
Mechanic, Semi Skilled. This position will be responsible for
providing semi-skilled maintenance services to keep the facility
buildings, grounds, and equipment in good repair. In so doing,
significant contributions are made to the safety, well-being and
comfort of residents and employees.In this role, the Maintenance
Mechanic, Semi Skilled will:
- Complete assigned work requests procedures and assigned
preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by supervisor or
department director such as, but not limited to: appliance repair,
light carpentry work, routine motor vehicle maintenance, routine
plumbing repair, routine repairs on heating/air conditioning, low
voltage applications, swimming pools, fire alarms in accordance
with Holmstad procedures and industry acceptable standards. On
occasion and as needed may need to provide Housekeeping
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and
carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways, on
ladders and on scaffolding up to 20' high.
- Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the
purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness, and identifying
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools and small power
tools and other power tools. Maintains tools and/or equipment for
ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating
- Requires general labor and responsibility for event set-ups,
deliveries and moves.
- Basic understanding and care of buildings, must be a good
steward of the tools and property given for completing work orders.
Must be able to troubleshoot building and equipment issues as they
- Willingness to learn and expand trade knowledge of maintenance
- Assist other maintenance staff as needed.
- Have availability to be included in the on-call schedule.The
ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required.
- Valid Illinois Driver's License and good driving record.
- Basic skill in a multitude of the following areas: auto/small
engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing,
electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications,
swimming pools, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, alarms, locks.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work
independently to complete assignments in required time. An ability
to recognize problems and implement the appropriate solution.
- Able to create and maintain inventory and part supplies.
- Work requires physical effort and manual dexterity. Must be
able to lift 70 pounds.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written in English and
the ability to interact with residents and staff in a pleasant
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.For full time
employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Turlock , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!