Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Journeyman Electrician Location Turlock State/Territory California
Apply Now Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most
successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the
nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually
every field of electrical construction - design/build services,
industrial and commercial developments as well as government,
institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix
Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain
vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with
general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We
have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer
relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge
product innovations. Helix Electric has need for a dynamic licensed
Journeyman Electrician for Turlock, CA . The successful electrician
will be part of a production driven team, performing electrical
installations and troubleshooting. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing
of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Installs or helps install electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
(Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations
that may require certification and training before operating).
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power
threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- Journeyman Trade Certification in a related construction trade
will be considered highly desirable.
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule
and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
& REQUIREMENTS: Job requires working in all elements, depending on
job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal
protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times),
respirator when required. Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40
hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts. Includes
crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling,
sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess
of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required.
Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Physical work is a
primary part (more than 70%) of the job. Helix Electric is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in
our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the
best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era
Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates
are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to
developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity
of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Helix Electric, Turlock , Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!