FLEET MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, SR
Company: CITY OF TURLOCK
Posted on: October 13, 2019
FLEET MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, SR.$4,866-$5,914The City of Turlock is
currently accepting applications for the position of Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic, Senior. The incumbent will perform skilled
advanced journey level lead work in the mechanical repair and
maintenance of light and heavy gasoline and diesel driven
automotive and other mechanical equipment. Excellent benefit
package. To review the job announcement and apply online, please
visit www.cityofturlock.org. You may also obtain a city application
at Human Resources, 156 S. Broadway Suite 235, Turlock. For
questions contact Human Resources at (209) 668-5540. Postmarks are
not accepted. EOE/AA Final filing date 10/04/19 5pm----An
eligibility list will be established from this recruitment that
will be valid for six (6) months and--may--be used to fill future
full-time and part-time vacancies.-- All employees are required to
serve a twelve (12) month probationary period.--Essential
FunctionsDuties may include, but are not limited to the
- Plan, coordinate and supervise activities and work in
conjunction with the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, relating to the
maintenance and repairs on all City owned vehicles.
- Provides lead role in accomplishing maintenance work load.
- Perform general overhaul, tune-up and repair work on
automobiles and related power driven equipment.
- Determines needed repairs and assists in setting
- Inspect, adjust and replace necessary units and parts including
cooling, fuel and exhaust components.
- May fabricate and modify parts and equipment.
- Repair and overhaul brakes, ignition systems, electrical
systems, transmission, differentials and hydraulic systems;
inspect, repairs, overhaul and assemble automotive electrical
equipment such as generators, distributors, magnetos and
- Perform inspections of automotive or mechanical equipment to
determine repair needs of estimate cost of repairs; perform
occasional metal work by cutting, welding and other
- Inspect and review work of subordinates.
- Assist and train less experienced personnel.
- Perform related duties as assigned.Minimum
- Advanced journey level methods, materials, and equipment used
in the maintenance and repairs of automotive equipment.
- Principles and practices of supervision.
- Safe work practices under hazardous conditions.
- Principles and practices of effective customer relations.
- Principles and techniques of organization, administration,
budget, and personnel management.
- Operating principles of gasoline and diesel engines and
mechanical repair of heavy trucks and construction
- Assist the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor in the planning,
schedule of maintenance activities.
- Read, interpret, and understand blueprints and sketches.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in
- Basic understanding of appropriate codes, laws, and regulations
governing vehicle maintenance.
- Locate, correct and adjust defects in complex automotive and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted during the course of work.
- Adapt available tools and repair parts to specific repair
- Use and care for tools used in automotive and mechanical repair
work.Experience:Four years of experience as a journey level
automotive mechanic.Education:Equivalent to completion of
graduation from the twelfth grade.Basic supervision skill - three
(3) CEU's.Computer skills.Experience and EducationExperience:Refer
to Minimum Qualifications section.Education:Refer to Minimum
Qualifications section.License or Certificate:Possession of and
ability to maintain an appropriate, valid California Driver's
License at the time of appointment and thereafter (Candidates
invited to test for this position will be required to provide a
copy of their DMV printout).Possession of or ability to obtain
Seven ASE Certification, Brakes, Manual Drive Train and Axles,
Suspension and Steering, Heating and Air Conditioning,
Electrical/Electronic Systems, Engine Performance, and Engine
Repair, within 18 months of employment.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS--Maintain the following physical abilities: see well
enough to read, write and make observations, operate hand and power
tools, vehicles and heavy equipment; hear well enough to converse
on the radio, telephone and in person; bodily mobility to walk,
bend, stand, crouch or climb for extended periods of time, operate
assigned equipment and vehicles and perform heavy manual labor for
extended periods; ability to tolerate extreme fluctuations in
temperature while performing essential functions and be able to
lift equipment as necessary.----------------------
Keywords: CITY OF TURLOCK, Turlock , FLEET MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, SR, Professions , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!