Customer Service Representative - Turlock CA
Posted on: January 8, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION:The primary function of the Customer Service
Representative (CSR) is to provide exemplary service to
Nelson-Jameson customers via incoming phone calls, web and fax
communications. The CSR staff will assist customers through order
processing and expediting, quotes, repairs, returns, delivery
information, product knowledge, research, problem solving and
follow-up. Attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication
skills, and a willingness to collaborate within the department and
with other business units is essential.RESPONSIBILITIES AND
DUTIES:Handles incoming calls as the top priority, consistently
providing customers with a friendly, cheerful greeting and
pleasant, professional overall service.Processes incoming quotes,
orders, repairs and returns (Phone, Fax, Web, Mail, other) by
entering into the computer system in a timely, accurate, and
efficient manner.Initiates callbacks to customers as needed for
delivery, pricing, product and other order detail verification.
- Updates customers as needed with order status and
- Completes catalog requests and account update information as
- Submits customer requests for COA Certificate of Analysis, MSDS
Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.
- Processes new customer account requests with proper and timely
paperwork completion and pleasant, professional
- Keeps current on promotional events and new products,
effectively informing customers on such events.
- Uses good judgment in referring customers to others for
technical assistance, utilizing conferencing when this improves
service to the customer and increases knowledge-base for the
- Uses poise, understanding, and professional judgment in
handling customer complaints.
- Responds to customer questions and requests with courtesy,
professionalism, and efficiency.
- Listens actively to the customers to identify needs and provide
- Builds a positive rapport, and thus customer loyalty, with new
and existing customers through exemplary service.
- Contributes to developing synergy within the CSR team,
assisting colleagues with the overall workload as needed.
- Supports Sales and Marketing Staff as needed through CSR
- Collaborates with other departments (i.e., Product Management,
Tech Services, Shipping, Credit, etc.) to provide the best service
to customers through effective teaming.
- In addition to the above duties, the CSR supervisor will assign
miscellaneous projects and work that may be either temporary or
- Other duties as assignedBASIC WORK WEEK:Hours: 40 hours/week
Which Days? M-F Overtime? If NeededShifts vary between 6:45 a.m. -
5:30 p.m. currentlyDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:Education: High School or
equivalent required, post-secondary preferred.Experience: General
office experience, telephone customer service or similar experience
preferred. Computer knowledge skills and ability required.Equipment
Use: Computer, telephone, fax, calculator, copier, printer.Personal
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve
performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards. Completes work in
timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Job Knowledge - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues
training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously
build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Work disposition - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts
responsibility for own actions. Follows through on
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Dependability - Follows instructions. Responds to management
direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments.
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
goals.Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and talk, or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or stoop.The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25#. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.An office environment is typical in
this position, with occasional visits to the warehouse. The noise
level is generally quiet.The above is an overview of the position
described and is not intended to be all inclusive. To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
responsibility and duty satisfactory. The qualifications including
physical demands, listed are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that
your job is safe
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
organization Associated topics: agente de servicio al cliente,
associate, call center specialist, customer service, customer
service associate, customer service specialist, rep,
representative, service specialist, technical assistant
Keywords: Nelson-Jameson, Turlock , Customer Service Representative - Turlock CA, Sales , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!